ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Who this qualification is for
- Entry requirement
- How much will it cost
- Course support
Change is part of the nature of the health and social care sector, managers must be prepared to facilitate and often instigate change where necessary. The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma is designed for managers entering a more senior position and being exposed to new types of information and decisions.
The ATHE level 5 extended Diploma is 120 credit size qualification and is equivalent level to 2nd year of Bachelors. This qualification provides learners with the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and understanding across a range of essential management subjects with a focus on the healthcare context.
The Caring Profession offers a variety of rewarding careers working with adults and/or children in the community. With the current shortage of qualified Care Professionals, there is no better time than now to carve out a career within the Care industry. This qualification provides generic management skills for those planning to or working in a management role. The qualifications deliver the skills and knowledge that meet the needs of managers on a domestic and international platform.
Who this qualification is for?
This qualification is designed for students who are seeking to progress to higher education to take a Bachelor’s degree course in an area of management within the healthcare sector or wish to progress the career in management role within the Healthcare sector.
Students who complete this qualification can progress to a degree programme at a range of UK Universities and claim exemptions for some of the units completed. If you do not wish to go for Full time degree then you can enrol for the postgraduate programme such as ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management in Health and Social Care.
ATHE University Partners:
ATHE has a number of University partners, who offer online or on the campus Bachelor and Master courses including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
For more information, please visit https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/
This qualification is designed for learners from aged 18 and above.
For applicants who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of followings:
- prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above Or
- a level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care Or
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants may also have relevant work experience.
Mature students route
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
Expected prior knowledge:
You do not need to have studied Business and Management before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each unit.
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care is a 120 credit qualification. Learners must complete 8 units to complete the qualification.
- Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care
- Managing Communication
- People Management
- Leading Practice in Health and Social Care
- Leading Organisational Equality and Diversity
- Empowering Users of Health and Social Care Services
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Research Project
How much will it cost?
– The course fee is £1,760 including course material, assessment and tuition fee.
– The enrolment fee is £30 per module
– You can receive a 10% discount on the course fee if you pay in full or you can pay in two equal instalments without additional charges or interest.
The course is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle. All course materials are available on Moodle and are delivered via easy to follow online lessons complimented by tutor support and feedback to enhance your learning.
You are allocated UK-based tutors, who are available through Moodle to discuss course materials and give support and assistance with assignments.
The unit’s learning materials are designed to facilitate your learning and to allow you to achieve the learning outcome of each unit. This material is interactive and contains practical activities, which have been designed to enable you to apply theoretical principles and frameworks.
For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website at the following link https://athe.co.uk/level-5-management-for-health-and-social-care-qualifications/
Vista Business Centre, First Floor
50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow,
Middlesex TW4 6JQ London, UK