ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management
- Course Overview
- Who this qualification is for
- Entry requirement
- How much will it cost
- Course support
Change is a distinctive characteristic of the Healthcare Sector and it is the strategic managers who should be the first to respond to, and support positive transformation.
The ATHE level 7 Qualifications in Healthcare Management provide strategic management skills for those planning to, or working in the healthcare sector both internationally and in the UK, including additional units that are specifically targeted at those working in the public sector.
Skills that meet the changing environment of healthcare are the vision and research skills as well as the ability to manage continuous organisational improvement included in the ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management.
The Level 7 Diploma in Health Care Management is the qualification industry standard for those working in senior management or leadership, and is the equivalent to a Master’s Degree.
This qualification is recognised both internationally and domestically and offers a series of mandatory units which provide students with the skills and occupational competence necessary to perform a senior management role. The optional units allow students to customise the qualification to suit their specific sector, meaning that it is an ideal addition to the resume of any management staff in health and social care environments.
Who this qualification is for?
The ATHE level 7 diploma in Healthcare Management is designed for students who are in, or about to undertake, a senior management role and who have management and leadership responsibilities as part of their regular duties. The course is tailored for students to best suit the environment they lead in so is suitable for a range of settings.
On successful completion of a Level 7 qualification in Healthcare Management you can progress to:
- An MBA programme at a range of UK higher education institutions and claim exemptions for some of the units completed
- Senior Management position
ATHE University Partners:
ATHE has a number of University partners, who offer online or on the campus Bachelor and Master courses including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
For more information, please visit https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/
For students who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- a first degree in a healthcare related subject Or
- a level 6 qualification for example an ATHE Diploma in Healthcare Management Or
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
- Applicants may also have relevant work experience
Mature students route:
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
Expected prior knowledge:
You do not need to have studied Business and Management before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each module.
The ATHE Diploma in Healthcare Management is a 120 credit qualification. You must complete the 8 units to compete the qualification.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- International Health Care Policy
- Manage Continuous Organisational Improvement
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- Research for Senior Managers
- Strategic Resource Management
- Leading Organisational Equality and Diversity
How much will it cost?
– The course fee is £1399 including course material, assessment and tuition fee.
– The enrolment fee is £30 per module
– You can receive a 10% discount on the course fee if you pay in full or you can pay in two equal instalments without additional charges or interest.
The course is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle. All course materials are available on Moodle and are delivered via easy to follow online lessons complimented by tutor support and feedback to enhance your learning.
You are allocated UK-based tutors, who are available through Moodle to discuss course materials and give support and assistance with assignments.
The unit’s learning materials are designed to facilitate your learning and to allow you to achieve the learning outcome of each unit. This material is interactive and contains practical activities, which have been designed to enable you to apply theoretical principles and frameworks.
For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website at the following link
Vista Business Centre, First Floor
50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow,
Middlesex TW4 6JQ London, UK